Friday, July 6, 2007

Page 8

After a moment of watching my reflection in wide-eyed horror, I crept back up to the mirror, opening my mouth again. All normal. I felt along my gums with my finger tips. No second layer of teeth. No fangs.

I'm normal, I thought to myself. I'm a normal human girl. Normal. It was just my imagination.

Soon enough, I found myself wandering the house, and found myself entering baby Jake's crib room. I froze at the door way. There was a woman in a black dress staring down into the crib. I think you all know who she is. Her hair was long and flowing, a mix between blonde and red and black and brown. I slipped silently out of the room, snatched Great Grand Dad's WWII rifle, from above the fire place. Walked back into the room, pointed it at the back of her head, as she reached down into my baby donu- brother's crib, and without hesitation I pulled the trigger.

Of course Great Grand Dad's WWII rifle was not loaded, nor functional. And I knew better than to think it was. Still, driven by instincts I didn't understand, those were the things that I did, and somehow...

No comments: