Friday, July 6, 2007

Page 2

We were in the hospital. Dad was pushing me forward, in a manner that suggested I should not want to go forward because the thing I was being pushed toward would eat me. Mom had been screeching like a tortured banshee all through the night, and I was in no rush to see her for the next week or so. My eyes were wide open with fear.

And there she was lying with my new lil bro in her arms. All tiny and bloody and bald. In the moment I saw his tiny little form (my first baby I'd ever seen up close), all my trepidation was gone. It was love at first sight, you know? I mean not gross pedophile baby love, but good sisterly adorable little girly baby love. My neck was all tingling and I was grinning.

"Oh my god!" I whispered, biting my lip all happy like, whilst eyeballing the strange lil critter eye balling me back.

"Maggie, this is Jake. He's a boy."

I nodded slowly.

"Gimme!" I demanded, my arms extended, and my eyes wide!

No comments: