Friday, July 6, 2007

Page 7

...

That night, I couldn't sleep and wound up thinking in front of my bathroom mirror in my PJs with train tracks on 'em, which is where (and in which wardrobe) I tend to think. I thought about Jake and licked my lips, and in that instant I felt something strange happening inside my mouth. A shifting feeling. Breathing heavy, the hairs on the back on my neck (if I had them would've been [I don't, that'd be gross]) standing up, I shifted on my feet, and opened my mouth to see inside.

My mouth opened wider than it generally used to, was the first thing I noticed, this detail was quickly overwhelmed/lapped by a second far more important one. There was a second layer of teeth behind the first. And this second layer, each tooth in it, was long and sharp, each tooth like a tiny ivory blade on a knife. I let out at a shriek of terror and leapt back from the mirror, and as I did the layer of fangs leapt back into the recesses of my gums as if to hide from me as well.

No comments: